First if you are looking at this you have likely purchased something from us - so THANK YOU! We are thrilled that you have joined us on this journey to help build a more distributed Internet. We promise to do our very best to make this experience for you amazing and to make right any hiccups you may encounter along the way.
That said, we are a lean startup and it is important for you to know more about our refund, shipping, and privacy policies. The details are below but we want to be as clear as possible up front about a few important points:
1) Shipping charges do NOT include international customs or clearance charges. See below for more detail.
2) You may cancel an order and have it refunded any time prior to shipment. After shipment, no refunds will be processed, except where required by law.
3) When payments have been made in a Crypto currency, refund amounts will be calculated as the lower of either the current value of the item in USD or the number of units of Crypto paid for the purchase.
- You may cancel an order and have it refunded any time prior to shipment.
- After shipment, no refunds will be processed, except where required by law. Refusal to pay legitimate customs fees, will require a $100 restocking fee as it is quite expensive to return ship from customs.
- All warranty repairs shall be coordinated via our helpdesk: (https://holo.freshdesk.com)
- We will repair or replace items that are inside of their warranty period, and most of our hardware products come with a 1-year warranty.
Several types of goods are exempt from warranty and/or return.
- Downloadable software products
- Tee shirts
Refunds, if approved, will be made only after order/payment research is completed and where possible will be done in the same way payment was made.
NOTE: When payments have been made in a Crypto currency, refund amounts will be calculated as the lower of either the current value of the item in USD or the number of units of Crypto paid for the purchase. We do pay almost all of our refunds at the USD value of the HoloPorts. And those refunds are initiated by the customer beginning at the time of their request and generally fulfilled within 5-7 days.
We arrived at this policy do to two primary concerns:
- Not wanting to be forced to hold funds in multiple currencies (Example: If someone pays in ETH at 300 and then wants a refund when it drops to 100, we don't want to maintain reserves of multiple volatile crypto currencies just to process returns. We are not an exchange.)
- Concern with various ways people might game our willingness to provide refunds. (Example: If they pay in ETH at 100 and ETH goes up to 300, because we are willing to refund for ANY reason, we would be a motivation for people to immediately get a refund then repurchase in USD.) We are simply trying to be careful with our limited resources (both in USD, crypto, and our time) so we can deliver the massive project we promised to bring into the world.
Shipping is charged based on the product(s) you order and where you live. It is calculated during checkout. Shipping costs are non-refundable after an item has been sent.
TIMING: Products that are listed as PRE-ORDER will be shipped when they become available. The exact dates are not guaranteed. No items sold on this site will be shipped before comparable items sold via the Holo Indiegogo Campaign are shipped.
You will be responsible for paying any shipping costs related to a product return.
Shipping charges do NOT include international customs or clearance charges. We ship from three warehouses in the United Kingdom, the United States, and China. The shipping destination is not always based on the closest warehouse. Since we have shipped to over 70 countries, and customs charges are often unique to local conditions we do not offer estimates at this time. We will do everything we can to ensure your customs charges are appropriate to your invoice.
Invoices sent with all orders will be denominated in USD.